Environment Counts | Science of Climate Change â€“ Australian Academy of Science, February 2015 :
A new booklet released by the Australian Academy of Science in February, 2015 sets out “to provide an understanding, based on our present scientific knowledge, of some key questions about climate change”.
This is an extensively revised update of a similarly titled Academy publication in 2010. The document aims “to summarise and clarify the current scientific understanding of climate change by answering nine key questions”. The report is structured to provide answers to the following nine questions.
- What is climate change?
- How has climate changed?
- Are human activities causing climate change?
- How do we expect climate evolve in the future?
- How are extreme events changing?
- How are sea levels changing?
- What are the impacts of climate change?
- What are the uncertainties and their implications?
- What does science say about options to address climate change?